So, you've been attending Faith for a while, and now you're ready to take the next step and become an official member of our family...but aren't quite sure how to go about it? Well, whether you're new to the community, looking to transfer from another congregation, or ready to join a church for the very first time, you're more than welcome here at Faith - Grand Blanc! And the good news is that becoming a member is not a difficult process. Here are the key steps to take:
- Talk to A Pastor: The first thing to do is to schedule a meeting with one of our pastors. For one thing, it's a great way for us to get to know one another, and it will help us to learn how we can better serve you. Also, if you are currently a member at another LCMS congregation, you will want to also talk to your current pastor, let him know why you wish to leave your current congregation, and request a letter of transfer. Once we have received that letter, we can then proceed with the process of officially transferring your membership to Faith - Grand Blanc. To schedule an appointment, simply call the church office at (810) 694-9351.
- "Life with God" Class: Whether you're a life-long Lutheran or new to the faith, it's important to have a good understanding of what we believe, and why we believe it. Our "Life with God" class does just that! In 12 sessions you'll learn who God is and what He has done for you in Jesus Christ. You'll also come to learn about such things as Baptism and the Lord's Supper - all from a Lutheran perspective and, of course, solidly grounded in God's Word - the Bible. This class will also provide you with an opportunity to meet key members of our staff, introduce you to the many programs and service opportunities offered here at Faith, and help us get to know how we can best serve you.
- Are You Baptized? Holy Baptism is one of God's greatest gifts to his children. It's the means by which God acts to bring us into His family, claim us as His child, and forgive our sins through the washing of water and God's Word. If you have not yet been baptized, be sure to let one of the pastors know, so that we can impart this wonderful blessing to you.
- Receive approval from the Board of Elders: Like any organization, it's first necessary to receive formal approval before being welcomed into membership. At Faith - Grand Blanc, this is done by our Board of Elders. That board assists the pastors in caring for our many members. All new members will be assigned an elder to better help us care for your various spiritual needs.
- "New Member Reception" Once you've received approval from the Board of Elders, you will be an official member of Faith - Grand Blanc! However, there is one more step - for us to welcome you into the family! Depending on when you joined, this will happen either in the spring or fall of the year, at one of our two yearly receptions. You and your family will be introduced to the congregation (along with other in-coming members) and you'll have your photo taken for our database, as well as for display on our "Welcome New Members" board. A luncheon will follow in our Heins Fellowship Hall, to which you may invite any guests you would like.